Thursday, June 29, 2006

Waiting to hear from any and all of you!

Good Morning! I'm supposed to be cleaning up my office area, but got side-tracked into looking up Thomas Sirls Terry on Google (suggestion from a friend and distant relative who lives here in Rexburg), and wow! if you want to be entertained, as well as learn about family history, try it. Eliza Jane Pusipher is the wife who is our ancestor. There are histories and pictures and lists of descendants on the various sites (I along with grandpa Jack was even listed). One site that caught my attention had a quote from a letter written by Thomas S. to his son Zera P. Terry (my grandfather) about Parley P. Pratt's death. I have that original letter. Anyway, hope you are checking out histories for our family reunion--there's a very strong possibility of a contest and prize for the winning team!

Thank you for Father's Day visits and gifts. It was an eventful day. Grandpa John P. (Jack) Barnes was released as bishop of the Rexburg 5th Ward. I't been a challenge and a change for both of us, but we're adjusting and doing A-Okay. Thank you to Laurie, Russ, Katie, Dale, Jan, Kris, Christy, Madison, Julie, Harley, and Lauren for being there. It helped a great deal. Your arm around me when I mentioned to you, Kris, that your grandparents were there, really helped, and I was able to control the tears.

We need to get the Nielsen's going on this Blog--Jessica is job interviewing, Seth is adjusting to being home from his mission, and Scot leaves Monday for Provo and the MTC, Natasha has arrived in California and has started her mission. We were delighted to have made the aquaintance of baby Aiden before he and Sarah left for Nashville, and it's been fun getting to hold baby Lauren when Julie brings her to visit. Thanks to Christy for coming and cleaning the apartment. How many of you will be with us at the new Rexburg temple on July 10th--let me know.
Thanks for all of your comments and pictures. Everyone should be required to update at least once a week. Love you all!

No comments: