Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hello to All!

Am waiting for grandpa to come from stake priesthood meeting, I just typed an email to Elder Spencer Barnes (see I'm repenting), and decided to tell you "Hello!" Yesterday we drove to Arco to help Aunt Helen Boyer celebrate her 90th birthday with a party hosted by her family at the church. It was a nice affair and she's a neat lady. Was good to see everyone and to have Dale, Jan, Rachel, Kevin and Ann there. Thanks for your support it was appreciated. Grandpa, Aunt Janice, Aunt Donna, Randy, and I rode with Uncle Larry to Moore to see his new home. It was fun talking with Randy about the beauty of Larry and Shannon's place (lots of wildlife, fishing etc.) as well as where I used to live just south and a little east of there), and such things as the numbers on the hill at Arco. Just before Rachel and her folks left for home, we had been talking about all the old places over in Lost River Valley where grandpa and I and other family members lived (a reminder of the trip to Escalante, Utah where the Schows are from), and Rachel suggested we have our family reunion over there next year. It would be fun to do before "it's too late" for us to show them to you. Yes, I'm glad we moved to Rexburg, but Lost River Valley is still a part of your heritage too. And we have some wonderful memories of places and people there. How many of you remember Thanksgiving dinners at Aunt Ruth and Uncle Cloyd's especially when the Terry cousins came too? Oh, yes, Katie, had her wisdom teeth out yesterday. I hope you're recovering and getting over the pain and trial of it all. You have the empathy of many of us, not a fun thing to have done but a great one to have over!
Love, Grandma Jean

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks Grandma! I am feeling a lot better!!