Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cheer

I am definitely following in the footsteps of my sisters! Last week, I tried out for cheer. Heidi taught me cheers, back-handsprings, and a couple of dances. I have come a LONG way. All thanks to Heidi! Last week were tryouts. The senior cheerleaders taught us a cheer and a very hard dance. I forgot most of it that night, but the next day I practiced it from 3:30 to 9:00. I was very tired and nervous at the end of Wednesday.

All day on Thursday at school, I was nervous. That was the day of the real tryouts. Whenever I thought about it, my stomach would hurt! After school my mom picked me up and drove me to the high school. I hurried and changed into Heidi's old uniform. We warmed up and stretched, then the first three freshman girls went in to the gym and did their tryout. I was number nine out of ten. My tryout went really well. I felt confident and not very nervous. After my group tried out, we had to wait for the JV and Varsity to try out, because we had to stay for the last part of tryouts- a ten count dealio, where they taught us ten moves to ten counts to see how fast we could learn and remember things. I got through that part pretty easily, which was kind of surprising, but very good! They posted the list of who made it around 7:45, but I had to wait until 9:00, since I had ballet. We went to the high school, and I ran up to the front doors to see the list--and I was on it!!! I am really excited to be a cheerleader! It will be soo fun!

1 comment:

Grandma Jean said...

Way to go, Rachel, no wonder you were nervous!