Harley and I took Lauren to his family reunion at Bear Lake, from Thursday to Saturday. It was quite an adventure camping with a baby, but Lauren seemed to enjoy it. She even got to have her first boating experience! I was happy to find that I can still slalom ski, even after having had a baby :)
Still not quite as good as Harley though...
Sunday was Lauren's big day! We blessed her in Harley's home ward in West Jordan. Harley gave Lauren a beautiful blessing. During the blessing, she just quietly looked around. It was definitely a neat experience.
Lauren looked like a little angel in the dress I made for her. However, she was sure glad to have her fancy blessing dress off - She gave a little sigh of relief. Thanks to Grandma Barnes for the beautiful blessing blanket!On Monday, Mom, Lauren and I went to Provo for a Dr's appt and joined Melissa, Lincoln, Taylor and Tommy for lunch at BYU. Around 2:30pm, Mom and I left for home. 3 feedings, 2 blowout diapers, and 1 hour of traffic jams later, we finally arrived in Idaho Falls at 7:30pm. Lauren screamed most of the way ... Oh the joys of traveling with a baby!
We're now grateful to be home and just starting to unpack. I think we'll wait a little bit before we decide to take Lauren for a long car ride again. Hope everyone is doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment