So, where do I begin? Well I guess at the beginning. The biggest news for me this summer has been attending Comic Con in San Diego. I was really excited about this opportunity because I was able to both attend and present. Earlier this year I submitted a portion of my thesis to a conference that was being held in correlation to Con. I was one of the lucky individuals who were accepted into the conference and I spent the next 4 months working on pulling out the key arguments in my thesis and distilling them down to about 20 minuted worth of lecture. Not an easy task, but one that I felt I had done sufficiently by the time Con rolled around. I presented on the first day of Con, and then had four days to walk around the convention, attend other panels, and meet people working in the industry, and stare at the crazy people who dressed up for the event. Here are some of the pictures documenting the experience:


These are blurry pictures of the audience durring my presentation at Con! It was a new camera and I was still getting used to using it at this point!

This is me with Marv Wolfman, he is a writer for DC and he wrote some of the best Teen Titan stories ever! He also created the character Blade as well as Cyborg, Starfire, and Raven. This guy is a legend!

This is me with Mike Mignola, the creator of Hellboy. I love his stuff and to meet him was awesome. He even did a quick Hellboy sketch for me. It was sweet!

Here I am hanging out with Batman and Wonder Woman at one of the DC booths.

This was perhaps the best Bat Woman costume at Con. There were a lot of costumes that were just no good, train wreaks as my cousin Mark referred to them, but this was a good one.
This one was for Aiden. I had to get a picture with Superman and this kid had a pretty good costume.
Killer Tomatoes are making their return apparently.
This is one of the many Starfire costumes worn at Con. I stood in line with this girl's boyfriend when I was waiting to get Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale to sign some books for me. And the Elvis Storm Trooper was a classic must have pic.
I though that this was pretty classic, all the classic hero costumes. The George Reeves Superman, Adam West Batman, Lynda Carter Wonder Woman,and Burt Ward Robin. Although seeing a 40+ year-old man dressed as Robin was a bit disturbing.

These are the Mighty Muggs that I picked up at Con. The Iron Man and the Gold Fertility Idol were Con exclusives. I got the Indiana Jones because if I had the Idol from Temple of Doom I had to have Indy too.

The Peter Parker/Spider-Man was an exclusive as well. Captain America and Hulk were just two figures that I picked up as well. The Guy on the end is Tofu the Vegan Zombie. I am going through a Zombie kick right now and this guy was pretty cool.
This was the best Joker costume at Con. Most of the people who dressed up as the Joker were imitating Heath Ledger. None of those costumes were very good and most of them were terrible, but this one was very well done.
Wolf from American Gladiators. This guy was huge!
This is Buddy Jesus from the movie Dogma.
And that is pretty much Con in a nut shell. It was four and a half days of pure pandemonium and I loved every minute of it!
You know what, I'm gonna let Sarah fill you in on all the rest of what is happening around our place.
Cheers,
Price
2 comments:
All I can say is WOW!
Cool Price! When I saw new items about the conference, I thought it was pretty cool that you were there! It's a huge deal!
Post a Comment