January is wending its way out, roads were clearing, BUT snowstorms are again blessing our area. I told grandpa I was enjoying thinking winter was over (in Idaho? that's a joke). Grateful he was able to get the snowblower repaired. It's needed. Now if the garage door opener would just stay fixed.
At our family Christmas party grandpa got a camera card--SanDisk SDHC Card, 4GB. We've tried to use in our camera but are unable to format. Kris and Maddy were just here and he couldn't either--said it isn't compatible with our camera--we need just an SD Card. Anyway, the packaging is opened, so can anyone of you use it? Let us know.
Hope life is still good with all. It was fun having Maddy and her dad here. Right now she and grandpa are grocery shopping. Kris said there were a lot of vehicle slide offs Thursday night, he had to work 2 extra hours. Yesterday Spencer came to see us. What a great guy he is. The full time elders were in need of someone to go with them--since we are ward missionaries they called here. Grandpa was off ice fishing with Lee Sauer and they said I wouldn't do. So, Spencer did the honors for me and them. Thank you. It was great fun waiting and watching for Elder Barnes to get off the plane Monday evening (Jan 19). Were glad to be part of the welcoming home group. Kris was working but came by the airport in uniform and Doris Cantrell (BJ's mom) said that was the first time she'd ever hugged a police officer. Spencer and Dann went to Salt Lake on Thursday to check out Spencer's ear--he'll be having reconstructive ear surgery there on Feb. 2nd, I believe it is. Also he's hoping to get into BYU-I in April. Being a returned missionary there shouldn't be a problem.
Let's see we had a visit from Sarah, Aiden, and Laila earlier this month, and birthday pizza dinner with Kiana and her family (they came to see us too). Sarah, Skyler (we were there when he was ordained a teacher), Troy had birthdays and BJ's is tomorrow. I'm trying to keep them all in mind. I'd missed Bella's. Grandpa and I have been released from our temple linen assignment--was only a one year call. We're trying to go to the temple once a week. Have been twice to Idaho Falls and since it's closed, once to Rexburg this month. Oh, yes, we celebrated our 56th anniversary by using our Texas Rhodehouse gift card (Kevin & Ann) and driving on to Burley where we stayed all night with Aunt Donna, and helped encourage her to go ahead and get a new kitchen stove she'd found and wanted. Neat because they delivered it that day and we were able to help her get ready for it. She's doing well. If I've missed any one or any happening, I'll get back to you later. Love you all--you are wonderful and super. PS Last Sunday we went to hear Lee and Pam Sauer report their mission to Baton Rouge, LA. Interesting and a good mission. Grandpa's glad to have a buddy back.
No comments:
Post a Comment