Saturday, October 18, 2008

Octoberfest

Price's favorite thing to do for his birthday is attend the October Fest in Twin Falls. Somehow it always falls on his birthday weekend, along with Conference. Even if we aren't planning on going, we end up going anyway. It's his tradition and I think favorite time of year. This year we knew it was going to be poor weather, but decided to make a last trek to Twin before the baby comes. Aiden loved holding the umbrella and wearing his jacket! He was excited that it was finally Daddy's birthday!
Aiden and Gramachelle
Aiden and Daddy


Price's big birthday gift I bought a print by one of his very favorite artists: James Christensen. This one is called The Oldest Professor. (fitting I thought) Price's parents were excited to help frame it, and I know they wold do a great job! I think Price was pleasantly surprised, which is what I was going for since he usually knows exactly what he's getting.
His one request for his birthday dinner: mom's homemade chicken nuggets. A very happy boy. (Aiden liked them too!) He also has to have German Chocolate Cake. I made this year's from scratch, and it tasted good but looked pretty bad, so no photos of that!
Preview of Aiden's Halloween costume. Price was in charge of making the shield. He takes these projects very seriously and plans out just how he wants to do them. Aiden is very excited to be Captain America! He was making some great faces and poses last night. He knows just what to do!
I was telling you about the superhero bedroom. I found fabric for the crib bedding that is both girly and coordinating.
Aiden usually has a blanket on his bed, of course, but for potty training I've kept it off. Notice Superman Monkey and probably Superman guy on the bed.
Here's the bedding, I think I'm going to put some yellow rickrack on the skirt under the blue stripe. There are pleats in the skirt, though you can't really tell since the bed goes so low. Oh, well. Still trying to find sheets that aren't pink!
Price's mom brought me a quilt stack back from California a couple of years ago after we had told her about the funny Olivia (the pig) books. I finally decided what to do with it! I was so impressed with my friend Joslyn's machine quilting I tried it myself, and it didn't turn out too bad!
When I worked at Porter's I bought this quilt pattern/fabric with my Christmas discount. It was mostly put together back then, but when we had a boy it hit the shelf for a while. Don't quite know what to do with it now that the bedroom is primary colors, but it's done and I'm pretty proud, I have to say.

I didn't take any pictures during potty training, but got out the camera a couple days ago to get some cute shots of Aiden in his big boy underwear! This is his Bumblebee transformer he earned for using the potty! Yeah!


Me measuring my 35 week baby belly at the baby shower my friend Christy threw for me.
I have some great friends in Pocatello.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the bedding-it turned out so cute! Also, I think we ended up with Bumblebee. Love ya!

Grandma Jean said...

Loved the pictures and the "story" with them.