But come it did---and brought the sunshine with it. We were so sure it would rain (since that's what the weather had been predicting), but we saw nothing but blue skies all afternoon. What a wedding present. ;)
There was some wind, however, and that made for quite an adventure with the centerpieces. Our solution? Duct tape.
I wore flip flops and Steven wore fancy pants shiny tuxedo shoes. Mariah did my hair (lots of curls in a twisty bun thing); Steven did his own. Our colors were green and brown, and our two cakes were delicious!! (One was a white cake with raspberry filling; the other was a yellow cake with nutella in the middle!! Yum.)
ps. That's my mom's dress.
I don't think anybody cried at the ceremony, though I honestly wasn't paying attention to much. The sealer gave some good advice: he told Steven when I ask him to do something I mean now; and he told me to cook yummy food for him. We're off to a great start. :)
After the cake, a dance, and lots of "Hi!! How are you's?!" we left promptly at 4:30pm to start our drive down to Virginia Beach. It rained some, but we didn't mind.
Now we're pretty settled into our new apartment, and sometimes we act like adults. Steven works on his dissertation proposal, and I take the bus to the university where I pretend to know what I'm doing in the Physics department. We have a kitchen table, a couch, and a stir crazy. What more could we want? :)
Luci and Steven Jones
Raking up all the grass that Seth and my dad had to mow the day before. (It hadn't been done in a while and was totally up to a tall person's knees.):
Seth and Grandma.
So cute.
So cute.
My HANDSOME husband.
Skipping town.
4 comments:
Hooray! I am so excited to see pictures. Thanks, Luci and Steven. The dress turned out beautifully--I am impressed. Does it still have the beads on the bodice? I sewed those on when I was pregnant with Julie and now she is 26. Congratulations and love to both of you.
Thanks for sharing your photos and wedding day story! Congrats to the two of you and hope to see lots of photos now that you are a 'family'!
Congratulations! You look georgeous in your mom's dress! Glad that your wedding went well. Good luck with everything!
Thank you "Luci Jones" for the pictures and comments. Steven is a handsome husband and the wedding and all was beautiful, even the bride flitting around in her wedding dress AND flip flops. Glad we could be there. We miss all of you already.
Post a Comment