Friday, June 13, 2008

The Wind Blows in Lubbock, too!

It was very hard to leave on Tuesday, the 10th, but I knew I needed to be home for Russ. Our kids said he was like a "lost puppy" without me. It's good to know that even after nearly 35 years of marriage, we still like and love each other. I don't have pictures to share because my camera would only show an "error" message, but Julie will post some once she gets her new computer up and running.

Baby Drew is a perfect "Harley Mini-me," and is such a good baby. He is a snuggler and will take a binky so I got to get him to sleep a lot. Lauren is so excited to be a big sister to her baby-"brudder" and is adjusting well to having a sibling. She is adorable and likes to change her clothes (including underwear) many times a day. We discovered her new favorite video--Mary "Pottins" while I was there. We had borrowed it from the library and watched it over and over. After we took it back, I still had the songs in my head and if I happened to hum or sing one, she's knew what it was and would say "I watch it!" Needless to say, Grandma got her her own video before I left and I know it will get lots of playing time. Her other favorite movies are Thoroughly Modern Milly (the tap show) and Bed Knobs and Broomsticks, Julie's all time favorite when she was little.

My arms miss holding Drew and Lauren and I really miss doing things with Julie, but I'll just have to go back again. The weather hovered around 100 degrees the whole time I was there, but the wind--very hot and dirty does blow. I won't miss that.

My love to everyone. It is fun to see and read about what you all have been doing.

2 comments:

Jewel-e said...

Thanks for coming Mom! We miss you too! And for the record, the wind hasn't been blowing for the last 3 days...it's a miracle!

Grandma Jean said...

Aren't grandchildren great and fun, Laurie? What a happy time of life!